How to apply to become a European Accredited Psychotherapy Training Institute and to receive an EAPTI certificate:
1. General information and the application documents are
- either available on the EAP homepage (www.europsyche.org => you will find a yellow rectangle down below on the right side of the front page saying “European Accredited Psychotherapy Training Institute”),
- or directly at the EAP head office, please contact Mrs. Daniela Renner,
2. Please read the TAC Procedures carefully, fill in the EAPTI questionnaire thoroughly and fill in and sign the notification form (Cover sheet for application as an EAPTI) in the provided section. Before you forward your application please make sure that all necessary documents and enclosures are in order. Please keep a copy of the whole application for your files.
3. Send a copy of your application
3.1. to the National Awarding Organisation (NAO)
3.2. to the corresponding European Wide Awarding Organisation (EWAO),
3.3. an electronic copy of the file to Daniela Renner (firstname.lastname@example.org) and
3.4. the original (!) file to the EAP head office, attn. Mrs. Daniela Renner,
Mariahilfer Straße 1d/3. Stock/Tür 13, 1060 Vienna - Austria
Please note that a list of all NAO’s and EWAO’s is available on the EAP website under “Info EAP”.
If there are any questions, please get in contact with Mrs. Renner by telephone (+43-699-15 12 52 97) or by email (email@example.com).
4. Both the NAO & the EWAO will check your application carefully and duly sign on the notification form that will accompany your application through the whole application procedure.
5. The Training Accrediting Committee (TAC) of the EAP, examines your application at the next TAC meeting (2 times a year: in February & October).
6. If no problems occurred (file incomplete or formal problems), 2 TAC international experts will be nominated to visit your training institute. Please note that the costs for these visits have to be paid by the applying institute.
7. Both TAC international experts will send a detailed report to the TAC after the visit to be discussed at the next TAC meeting.
8. The TAC decides
- either to give a further recommendation to the institute that have to be implemented before an accreditation can be given
- or the TAC recommends to give an accreditation and brings its to the EAP Board for final ratification.
9. You will be informed by the EAP head office and/or the chair of the TAC on the outcome of the TAC meeting and in case of an accreditation you will receive an official signed and stamped accreditation document.
10. The EAPTI certificate will be issued and sent to you immediately after receipt of payment. The fees to become an EAPTI vary according to the size of the institute.
Below an excerpt out of the TAC text:
22.1. The fee to be paid by each Training Organization is voted by the EAP.
It include two parts:
• a fixed part of 75 euro (West) /// 50 euro (East) per year, per institute;
• a variable part of 12 euro (West) /// 10 euro (East) par year, per student
present in any year of the ECP training program.
22.2. This fee will be shared as follows:
25 % for the NAO/NUO, 25 % for the EWAO, 50 % for the EAP.
22.3. The fee (point 22.1) does not include the travel expenses and the visit of the institute. The travel expenses (as low as possible) of the visiting experts are paid by the applying institute.
12. Please note that the EAPTI invoicing period lasts from January - December. The fee for the renewal of the EAPTI status will be invoiced every year approximately in January. Please send us every year latest till the end of January the current number of students. If we don’t receive any answer from your side, as well as to our reminder, we have to reuse the number of students given in the year before.
Daniela Renner (EAP HeadOffice)
Ivana Slavkovic, EAP Registrar and Chairman of the TAC
European Association for Psychotherapy - Mariahilfer Straße 1d/3. Stock/Tür 13, A-1060 Vienna, Austria - www.europsyche.org